What to do when you arrive in Marseille and how to come ?
Upon arrival at the Marseille Provence Airport
To go to Marseille City Center:
- Taxi: 60€ to 80€ (it is an average price but could be more depending on the traffic, time of the day and bank holidays)
- Shuttle – runs every 15’ from the airport to the train station “Gare Saint Charles” from 4:50 AM till 0:10 AM – Price: 8,30€ one way or 13,40€ roundtrip.
How to get to the shuttle: Walk up to the front of Hall A (map bellow), Buy a ticket at the ticket desk, Hop on the shuttle. It takes around 25mn to go from the airport to the train station)
Upon arrival at “Gare St Charles” – train station
To go to your hotel:
- Taxi – Follow the sign “Taxi/Métro” (down the elevator)
- Public transportation RTM – “Métro” (down one more floor by escalator)
Both metro lines stop at “Gare Saint Charles” (Train station). The metro runs from 5 AM till 0:30 AM. Buy either a single ticket at the vending machine (on the left side at the bottom of the 2nd escalator): 1,60€/ ticket, 10 trips card: 13,60€ http://www.rtm.fr/en/travellers-guide/buy-tickets/occasional-travel
To find your route: http://www.rtm.fr/en
To go to the Palais du Pharo Convention Center
- Public transportation:
Métro line 1 (blue), direction “La Fouragère”, Exit at the 2nd stop: “Vieux Port Hôtel de Ville”, Once at the metro station, follow the sign “Sortie Vieux Port”, Go up the escalator and then you have 2 solutions:
- Walk to the Pharo (10mn) following the Harbor (left side facing the sea).
- Catch a bus: 82 (Bus stop on the side of the old port) exit Pharo Catalan
To drive to the Palais du Pharo: Address: 58 Boulevard Charles Livon, 13007 Marseille
To call a taxi: + 33 (0)4 91 02 20 20 or +33 (0)4 91 92 92 92
In case emergency: European emergency number: 112
Where to eat, go out, shop…: http://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/pratical-information/touristic-documents/
Safety: a priority for the Mayor of Marseille. The City has been equipped with an efficient video surveillance system that has considerably improved the safety in the past 2 years.